Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I love this

I watched this video last night and couldn't help but cry!  It is about how a group of teens on two different basketball teams treat one of the team's equipment managers.  He is a young man with a disability but that does not stop him from going for his dreams and being supported by his community.  It reminds me so much of my brother and his triumphs with Special Olympics and his cherish role a equipment manager, and self-proclaimed coach, of the St.Albert Merchants.

  This just goes to show how great young people can be.  

Warning this video plays an add before the news story.  It was a Molson Canadian commercial so not ideal for kids to see.  I just let it play muted (audio and video) before I showed this to my class.

http://www.viddler.com/embed/70d1d214/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=48017121&disablebranding=0




No comments:

Post a Comment