Friday, March 22, 2013

Le Fin

Mes cher parents,

It is with great sadness that I let you all know that May 3rd, 2013 will be my last day teaching your kids.  Due to recent provincial budget cuts to our AISI program (Alberta Initiative for School Improvement) the teacher whose contract I am tied to will be returning for the remainder of the year.  Mr. Skoreyko will be coming in to meet the class sometime this month.  I will make sure the transition is as smooth as possible and that he has everything he needs to take the kids to the end of the year.   I have been teaching study skills and have had the kids make review booklets all year so they should be ready for June.  

Please know that I recognize that this is not in the best interest of the children and that it was not my choice or even that of our school.  Mr.Cable has been very supportive in making sure the kids understand and answering any questions we have had.  He fought to keep me here but the money is just not available.  If you have any questions please let me know or contact Mr. Cable.

After May 3rd I will be coming in to sub as much as possible so I told your kids to cough on all their teachers ( LOL ... just kidding!).   I am very hopeful that with the new school re-zoning that there will be room for me somewhere next year.

I have really enjoyed teaching each and every one of your kids and they all hold a special place in my heart.  They are a unique and wonderful group of children who have taught me so much and inspire me daily.  I truly appreciate all of the support and generosity that all of you parents have shown me through all of the ups and downs of the year.

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of their lives.
Amanda Merriman


No comments:

Post a Comment