Sunday, July 14, 2013

Football fool!

I won a contest from the Edmonton Sun to kick a ball on the field at half-time at an Edmonton Eskimos football game!  Being a good student I googled videos and practiced my kick until my legs were sore.  We got to the game and it started to rain.  It poured for two straight hours and didn't relent while I did my kick.  I was against five big men (aaakk!) to be a finalist for a chance to win $2500 flight voucher.  I could use a hot heach holiday.   I got down to the field only to learn that it was a punt kick, not a ground one!  Despite my wasted practice,  torrential rain, and being the only woman I still had the fourth longest kick out of five. Sigh.  I still beat one guy!

What an adventure!  A huge thanks to my supportive husband who braved the elements and kept me warm.

What have you all been up to so far this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment